Types of Hearing Aids
There are three really popular styles of hearing aids available these days, the BTE, ITE and CIC. If you are considering any of these styles for your ideal hearing loss solution, then you need to understand the most essential advantage of each type of hearing aid, BTE, ITE, CIC.
Knowing the different advantages will help you decide wisely between these three so you can be sure you are choosing the best solution for your particular hearing loss.
Here are the most essential advantages for the BTE or behind the ear hearing devices.
- No matter what your degree of hearing loss is, this could be your ideal solution because it is perfect for any degree of hearing loss.
- This style of hearing aid is ideal for anyone, no matter what your age is, even children.
- This type provides the best amplification which makes it easy for anyone to hear well with it.
- It is easy to hide because you can get one that will match your hair and skin tone so that it can’t be seen when worn behind your ear.
Here are the advantages for the ITE or in the ear hearing aids.
- If you are often in noisy environments, then this could be your ideal solution. It has two microphones that allow anyone to hear easily in noisy situations.
- For people that suffer from sever hearing loss, this could your best choice because of the larger amplifier that is used by this hearing aid.
- There is a much better seal in your ear with this type of hearing aid and this means that there will be fewer feedback problems to deal with.
Now for the advantages of the CIC hearing aids:
- Do you want to hide the fact that you are using a hearing aid? If so, then this is your ideal choice because it is almost invisible. With its small size, it is easy to hide from anyone.
- Any wearer of this style will benefit from a natural boost in loudness due to the receiver or speaker being in close placement of your eardrum.
- With the microphone being directly in your ear canal, the natural sound reception is unbelievably clear and this makes it very easy for anyone to hear well.
Now that you understand these different advantages of each type of hearing aid, BTE, ITE, CIC, you will see that making a wise choice is not hard to do. You just need to take your time so you can choose wisely and consult a hearing aid specialist so you can be 100% sure you are making the ideal choice for your hearing loss solution.